Old stone House Gift Shop
313 Chestnut Street, Morgantown, WV
SHOP AT OLD STONE HOUSE NOV. 21-27 TO BENEFIT IN TOUCH AND CONCERNED
As part of their ongoing Charity Partner Program, ten percent of the Old Stone House Gift Shop’s gross sales during the week of Nov. 21-27 will be donated to In Touch and Concerned. The shop is open Monday-Wed., 11 a.m-3 p.m., closed Thanksgiving Day, open Fri. 11am-3pm, Sat. (Small Business Saturday) 10am-5pm & Sunday noon-4pm. The gift shop offers a wide variety of unique gift items, food products, WV made items and handcrafted items. They also sell used books. For further info, call 304-296-7825.
Service League of Morgantown expanded their community outreach in 2008 through the addition of a Charity Partnership Program. Solely through the Charity Partner Program, the grand total of donations over the past eight years has totaled over $24,000.
Service League’s active membership selected these sixteen organizations to partner with in 2016-2017 and each will receive 10% of the gift shop’s gross sales during the designated dates:
• Sept. 12-17 Mon County Special Olympics
• Sept. 19-24 Stepping Stones
• Sept. 26-Oct. 1 WV Family Grief
• Oct. 3-8 Christian Help
• Oct. 10-15 Scott’s Run Settlement House
• Oct. 17-22 Milan Puskar Health Right
• Oct. 24-29 CASA for Kids
• Nov. 7-13 Shack Neighborhood House
• Nov. 14-20 Community Kitchen at Trinity Episcopal Church
• Nov. 21-27 In Touch and Concerned
• Nov. 28-Dec. 4 St. Ursula Food Pantry & Outreach
• Dec. 5-11 Mon County Child Advocacy Center
• Dec. 12-18 Rape and Domestic Violence (RDVIC)
• Dec. 19-30 Morgantown Area Meals on Wheels
• Jan. 16-28, 2017 Empty Bowls
• Jan. 30-Feb.11 Girls on the Run
The Old Stone House is maintained and run as a gift shop by Service League of Morgantown volunteers. There are no paid employees Founded in 1935, Service League of Morgantown’s mission has been to give back to their local community to improve the lives of local citizens to improve the lives of local citizens through charitable, educational and cultural activities. In its 81 years of existence, the league has contributed more than $361,000 back to the Morgantown community. This includes over $26,000 to the Morgantown Public Library, approximately $78,000 toward books for Mon County School libraries, and over $258,000 to other charitable donations throughout Monongalia County. The Old Stone House was built around 1795 and is the oldest stone dwelling in the county. It is listed on the National Historic Registry.
For further info, go to: www.facebook.com/OldStoneHouseGiftShop