This year’s ARTS WALK, sponsored by Greater Morgantown Convention and Visitors Bureau, Main Street Morgantown, Monongalia Arts Center (MAC) and Arts Monongahela, will take place on Friday, September 22 in downtown Morgantown. Arts Mon, MAC and Appalachian Gallery are information points for the Arts Walk– you can get the inside scoop on where the artists are and what’s happening downtown. Arts Mon is located next to Huntington Bank on the corner of High Street and Pleasant Street. Monongalia Arts Center is easy to find, on the corner of High Street and Kirk Street and Appalachian Galley in on Walnut Street across for the parking garage. Participating businesses and places with artists are marked by lit tiki torches.
Plan the perfect Friday night. From 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. you can stroll through over forty downtown businesses and see artwork from local artists. As you stroll through downtown collect four fantastic bookmarks featuring Morgantown Area Artists. These artists are culture-makers who challenge the status quo and advance our region’s Arts… plus they are your neighbors. You can find them at Arts Monongahela, MAC, the Main Street Offices and pretty much every other business downtown!
Enjoy music and live entertainment at the following venues:
- 123 Pleasant Street: Fletcher’s Grove (starts at 9 pm)
- 400 Block (top of High Street): High Street Jazz Band
- Classic Cutz & Classic Kicks: “A Night on Wall Street” includes food, music, and art performances in Health Right Parking Lot
- The Cupcakerie: Jim Savarino
- Garcia’s Grill at the Cue: Tree Hands & The Profound Revival
- Monongalia Arts Center: Merchant of Venice (starts at 9 pm)
- Pinocchio’s Books & Toys: Ben Kiehl
- Tine 202: Duncan Larimer
- Huntington Bank Drive-thru: Chanler Bailey, CB Studio’s – Steel Drums (starts at 6:30 pm)
Specials during Arts Walk include:
- Appalachian Gallery: 1 night sale prices on selected artwork & crafts, FREE color-your-own Day-of-the-Dead sugar skull prints
- Classic Cutz Barbershop: Kids haircuts $10
- Coni & Franc: 50-75% on sale merchandise, 20% off regular price sale (no layaway)
- Crescent Frame Shoppe: Small Bird Prints $5 off
- The Cupcakerie: 10% off to Arts Walk Participants
- The Diamond Shop at John P. Kuehn’s: 15% off all original art works & fine jewelry
- Glass Gone WOW: 10% off everything
- Retro-tique: 10% off purchase & $1 records
- River Fair Trade: 20% off any purchase from 6-10 pm
- Smoke N Mirrors Photography: $20 or 20% off any prints hanging on the gallery walls
- Tonique’s Trilogy: BOGO 50% off all KMS & Goldwell products & sign up for a $300 basket giveaway when you visit Tonique’s Trilogy that night.
- Vintage Videos and Games: Celebrate the Arts and 20 years of business with 20% off a $20 purchase or more & everyone attending gets a FREE mini Star Wars figure.